Monday, April 14, 2008

DISC Profile- D High I




This was a very interesting test. After answering the 28 questions, I came out as a D high I personality. The professor mentioned that this is the most effective managerial personality type.

I was very happy and content to hear that. I beleive that the test did accurately predicted my management style. I have strong ambitions in life, I am sometimes forceful, direct and like a challenge. But I do not force my opinions on others. Some of the famous D style people are Martha Stewart and Donald trump.That is why I asked the professor and he mentioned that as I am a high I personality as well, I strongly stand by my beliefs but at the same time am able to influence people. I am persuasive, confident, sociable, convincing, and emotional. I always feel the need to communicate with people. Some of the famous I type people are Oprah and Bill Clinton.

I am very happy with my management style and would not want to change it. I think understanding what is other person's management style really helps a person understand how to interact with others. For example:If we knew that our direct reports are a C type, we would adapt our communication style so that we give them the tasks as organized and precise as possible. This way they ould like to think analytically and reach best solutions.

This test would also help in all interactions whether it is personal or social. Knowing other person's traits would help us react and approach people in their communiaction styles.

3 comments:

Stefan Barone said...

When sitting in class and taking the test, I remember you being shocked by your results at first. However, I believe this test demonstrated most of your characteristics. I can back this by reflecting on the group effort to chooses a list for the "Survival" exercise. I definitly was influenced by your explanations of why you chose the items you did, and was swayed to vote in favor of your list. I think you also took control of the group when one member did not want to comply at first. This clearly illustrated your traits in both D and I.

As far as the negative aspects of the descriptions, I do not feel you need much work on improvemnt. I beleive you possess the ability to balance both control and concern for a majority benefit.

Anonymous said...

All we need is love. We can work with people of every type.

Sudhir said...

I also fell in the same type of personnel. But, I am so amazed that you noticed the personality type of Ophra, Donald Trump, and Bill Clinton. However, I believe that no matter what type you are we have to co-operate, and work along to be success. Also, by knowing the personality type, we can also predict ourselves in different situation.