Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Organizational Change

The ideas which were covered in class about organizational change can be related to work a lot so I would like to share my experience.

My company was recently bought by Google and most of us were put on the transition plan. A lot of people took this change very negative and are demotivated. They come to work just to enjoy the free lunch and have no interest in the Google's transition activities.

I accepted the change as a positive thing as it gave me a chance to work with one of the most qualified people at Google. Just because I had the willingness and the positive attitude as Prof. mentioned in class, I was put as the main lead in the transition and now everybody at Google's corporate finance team knows me.

Although my last day is in October but I am really hopeful that they will notice my hard work and I will be offered a full time position. Atleast I have reached the first step..which is being noticed and talked about. Let's hope for the best for future...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I know about the work environment of Google is based on the company's advertisement. To some extent, I like the Google's atmosphere and culture. I think Google is a company that I would like to be part of.